The Portable Skittle Alley Company is a Trading name of Midland Games Ltd- Incorporated in England. Co. Reg No. 4398651
- We can accept bookings in writing, by telephone or via e-mail. If we have agreed to accept your booking by any of the above methods, a contract has been entered into and full terms and conditions apply from the time your booking is accepted. This applies irrespective whether any deposit has been sent or received.
- When a booking is made it is assumed that the customer has read, understands and fully agrees to the terms and conditions of hire.
- Where a request is made to change the date and or times of the hire we will do our best to rearrange your booking. Where we are able to do this we may charge a small administration fee.
- All deposits are non refundable.
- Cancellation Policy: For exceptions to this please ask for more details prior to booking. An amount of 25% of the hire amount shall be payable if the event is cancelled 45 days or more before the event. In the event of cancellation 21-45 days before the event, 50% of the full hire amount shall be payable. In the event of cancellation within 21 days of the event the full hire amount shall be payable.
- Bookings are non-transferable
- Payment terms will be discussed and agreed upon at the time of booking. Payment will normally be required in full prior to the hire. Where we agree to accept payment after the event this must be received within the time specified on the invoice. In the event of late payment we reserve the right to charge an additional fee of 25% of the hire amount.
Accepted Methods of Payment
- Bank transfer (BACS)
- Cheques (Subject to clearance prior to the event)
Delivery and Collection
- Arrangements for delivery and collection will be agreed at the time of booking. Details of the space required for each item is provided on the website and will be discussed/agreed at the time of booking.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that satisfactory arrangements are in place to facilitate delivery and collection. We should also be made aware of any potential difficulties/hazards, including lack of vehicular access, lack of space, excessive walking distances, staircases or obstacles.
- All costs incurred by Midland Games during delivery and collection as a result of unsatisfactory vehicular access or lack of parking facilities will be reimbursed by the customer to Midland Games. These may include parking charges, parking fines and wheel clamping release fees.
- Should we be unable to deliver the hire equipment due to lack of vehicular access, obstructions or the need to carry the hire equipment an unreasonable distance the full hire fee shall still be payable. In the event of delay caused by lack of suitable access we reserve the right to charge an additional hire fee.
- If it is felt that the proposed site is unsuitable, creates a danger for users or potential for damage to the equipment we reserve the right to refuse delivery.
- Should we be delayed in the collection of the equipment due to the above reasons in (3) or the event continuing after the agreed finish time ,we reserve the right to charge a pro rata fee for any delay.
- In the event of us not being able to deliver the hire equipment for any reason our maximum liability will be for the hire fee in whole or in part and we will not be responsible for any consequential loss due to non delivery or delayed start.
- Hire equipment may vary slightly from that shown on our website and any measurements and specifications are approximate. It may be necessary to substitute hire equipment with similar goods in the event of loss of or damage to the hire equipment prior to the booking.
- Instructions will be issued detailing the customer’s obligations in respect of the care of the equipment. The customer is responsible for any damage, loss or theft of equipment whilst on hire.
- Instructions will be issued detailing safety instructions and must be adhered to at all times. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the equipment is properly supervised in such away to prevent any injuries.
- If we are delayed and cannot collect the hire equipment at the time agreed, the equipment should not be left unattended. The customer is responsible for the hire equipment from the time of delivery up until the time it is collected.
- The hire equipment will be safely sited upon delivery and should not be moved or interfered with.
- In the event of improper use of the hire equipment deemed likely to cause personal injury or damage to the hire equipment we reserve the right to terminate the use of the hire equipment without recompense.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all users are aware of the conditions related to the safe and proper use of the equipment. In the event of misuse of the equipment we reserve the right to terminate the hire without refund.
- In the event of abusive or aggressive behaviour towards operating staff we reserve the right to terminate the hire immediately without refund.
Liability for Injury & Insurance
- It is the customers responsibility to make us aware at the time of booking of any insurance arrangements that they may require.
- It is essential that these requirements are established at the time of booking as additional costs may be involved for arranging the appropriate insurance covers.
- Where the equipment is being supervised by the customer, it is the customers responsibility to arrange insurance if so required.
- Where the equipment is being supervised by the operator, insurance can normally be supplied by the operator.
- Our Company will not accept any liability for personal injury caused during the use of the hired equipment.
- Our Company will not accept any liability for any loss off or damage to any property arising from the hire of the equipment.
1/ Midland Games Ltd receives emails, enquiry forms and information by telephone from customers. We use this information in order to provide quotations, information and guidance on the hire and purchase of our products.
2/ We store information, as above, in order to service current and future enquiries. This information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses necessary to provide quotations and guidance to our customers.
3/ We retain invoices and personal information in order to comply with HMRC, accountancy & other regulatory requirements. We normally keep this information for a minimum of 6 years.
4/ We do not use the above information for marketing purposes, unless specifically requested to do so. If you have agreed to receive marketing information (ie on new products) you can choose to change this at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com .
5/ We will provide a copy of the information we hold on customers or suppliers in relation to ‘subject access requests‘ at no cost, when requested to do so and amend any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
6/ We will delete information from our records when requested to do so. This excludes invoices and other documents we need to keep for accounting and legal purposes.
7/ We do not sell or provide customer information and data to third parties for marketing purposes.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They’re widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Most web browsers allow control of cookies through their settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
The following information will explain which cookies we use and why.
Google Analytics Cookies
This temporary cookie is added by our load balancer to track which web server to send the visitor to. It’s purpose is to improve the performance of the website. This cookie expires at the end of the end of your session (e.g. when you close your browser).